June 7, 2013
Rules & Regulations:
- Scripts must qualify in one of the following categories:
- Feature length with no less than 85 pages and no more than 150 pages.
- Short length with no less than 10 pages and no more than 50 pages.
- Students (Scripts may be any length for student films).
- Greek feature length (same as feature length #a)
- Latino feature length (same as feature length #a)
- Thai feature length (same as feature length #a)
- Culture of Peace (same as feature length #a)
- All scripts must be written in English, 12-point Courier font with page numbers.
- The title page must have the following:
- Title or working title of the script.
- Synopsis with no more than 150 words.
- Once a submission is accepted by Shorts Showcase, no changes will be accepted.
- Promotional materials or photos will not be accepted with the script submission.
- All submitted scripts must be original and may not be based in whole or in part on any other scripts which are published or unpublished. Any true stories or documentary scripts must have the statement “BASED ON A TRUE STORY.”
- Names, addresses or any contact information cannot appear on the script copy. Any contact information will automatically disqualify the submission.
- All submissions must be accompanied with the following.
- A signed submission entry form.
- The required entry fee associated with the submission dates and deadline.
- Screenwriters who qualify for the finals will receive written evaluations from the review committees and details regarding the finals. All finalists will be invited to attend the Award presentation event.
- Screenwriters will retain all rights to their work. Shorts Showcase is only the vehicle for competition and exposure of the screenwriters’ works.
- There are no limitations as to the number of scripts submitted. Each script submitted, must have separate entries inclusive of entry forms, submission fees, etc.
- It is the sole responsibility of the screenwriter to insure their work is protected. All rights are retained by the screenwriter. Shorts Showcase has no legal rights to the script.
- All entry fees must be made in U.S Dollars. No exceptions. Checks are accepted, but any unpaid checks will automatically disqualify the entry.
- All entries will be viewed by a preliminary judging committee in each category with a final judging panel reviewing the finalists. The judges names will be anonymous until the competition at which time they will be introduced, acknowledged and participate in the award presentations.
- Awards will be presented on June 8, 2013.
- All winners will be listed on the website (www.shortsshowcase.com).
- The decisions of the jury will be final.